Past day's rsyslog work log:
- bugfix: omsnmp had a too-small sized buffer for hostname+port. This
could not lead to a segfault, as snprintf() was used, but could cause
some trouble with extensively long hostnames.
- removed dependency on MAXHOSTNAMELEN as much as it made sense.
GNU/Hurd does not define it (because it has no limit), and we have taken
care for cases where it is undefined now. However, some very few places
remain where IMHO it currently is not worth fixing the code. If it is
not defined, we have used a generous value of 1K, which is above IETF
RFC's on hostname length at all. The memory consumption is no issue, as
there are only a handful of this buffers allocated *per run* -- that's
also the main reason why we consider it not worth to be fixed any further.
- worked on tls support (as part of libsci)
- thought about modularization
- wrapped up modularization problem --> suggested rsyslog-runtime
- some cleanup
- enhanced legacy syslog parser to handle slightly malformed messages
(with a space in front of the timestamp) - at least HP procurve is
known to do that and I won't outrule that others also do it. The
change looks quite unintrusive and so we added it to the parser.
- implemented high precision timestamps for the kernel log. Thanks to
Michael Biebl for pointing out that the kernel log did not have them.
- provided ability to discard non-kernel messages if they are present
in the kernel log (seems to happen on BSD)
- cleanup of imklog
- implemented $KLogInternalMsgFacility config directive
- implemented $KLogPermitNonKernelFacility config directive