Now that I am back working on the rsyslog code, I will continue to provide information about what I am doing. In most cases, however, I will not provide daily logs. The reason is that I currently focus on new design and will leave rsyslog code mature. So changes will be relatively infrequent (at least I plan so ;]).
Here is the work log for the past days:
- integrated patches from Michel Samia and varmojfekoj
- released 1.19.4
- changed some calls to CStr class to their "safe" counterpart - they could
cause program aborts if the object in question was an empty string
- added some links to doc
- removed an invalid config sample from sample.conf
- changed part of the CStr interface so that better error tracking
is provided and the calling sequence is more intuitive (there were
invalid calls based on a too-weired interface)
- (hopefully) fixed some remaining bugs rooted in wrong use of
the CStr class. These could lead to program abort.
- added forwarding information to sysklogd (requires special template)
to config doc