I've not had as much time as I hope to have for rsyslog today. However, I also did a bit coding over the weekend. My work log is as follows:
- fixed bug in freeSelectors()/stopWorker()
- added some module interface doc
- released 1.17.5
- added cfsysline objects - initial set of functions
- fixed bug in OMSRcreate() - always returned SR_RET_OK
- fixed a bug that caused ommysql to always complain about missing
- fixed a mem leak in OMSRdestruct - freeing the object itself was
forgotten - thanks to varmojfekoj for the patch
- fixed a memory leak in syslogd/init() that happend when the config
file could not be read - thanks to varmojfekoj for the patch
- moved skipWhiteSpace() to srUtils.c, where I think it fits better
- moved doBinaryOption() and doGetGUID() to cfsysline.c
- fixed insufficient memory allocation in addAction() and its helpers.
The initial fix and idea was developed by mildew, I fine-tuned
it a bit. Thanks a lot for the fix, I'd probably had pulled out my
hair to find the bug...
As you can see, I started on the final piece of output modules, that is handling of $-config lines (called cfsyslines). This time, I have a different, bottom-up approach. I now move the code first to the new object and then implement the object in all its glory. That costs me a bit more time for interim code that I will quickly discard, but it safes me the headache of coding hours and hours without the ability to test what I am doing (that was a big problem last friday). As I was interrupted often today, this approach proved indeed very valuable. It even allowed me to include mildew's great patch this afternoon AND immediately release it to the anon cvs. As a side-note, this approach is also the reason why there is code in cfsysline.c that so far is never executed - it is the plumbing that I will activate when I have moved all the utility functions. hopefully, that'll be tomorrow.